I’m also a healing guide and yoga teacher.
And a supportive holistic & energy practitioner with a joyful spirit who believes that kitchen dance parties are a daily necessity.
The messy middle doesn’t scare me, so I prefer to cut through the small talk to get to the heart of the matter. There’s magic there and I cherish it. Why waste time getting to it? But I won't push through to the middle right away if that makes you uncomfortable.
I love to give people the space to be themselves. I want to ensure that everyone feels welcome and secure so that they can explore, experiment and simply experience their life.
I provide a peaceful departure from the busyness of your everyday so that you can feel rejuvenated and become more attuned to your needs.
Imagine having the time and energy to enjoy what’s important to you, instead of being distracted by what isn’t.
* Do you have a kind heart? Are you interested in building a better connection with yourself and, perhaps, other women who want the same?
* Would you like to easily implement simple steps that perfectly suit your life, your goals, your needs?
* Would you like to be comfortable moving your body and feel energized and empowered to handle whatever comes your way?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, I have a good feeling that we’ll get along just fine.
Over a decade ago, I began to question my health care and my job. I was frustrated that I wasn't getting the help I needed to be, and feel, better. I searched for better support, and I found the answers that helped me change my life.
The process, though? It challenged what others expected from me and what I wanted for myself.
It was difficult when I began, simply because if was different. But it was so worthwhile!
Now, there's an ease to my life that I hold dear.
I'd love to support you in finding your own ease.
If credentials make you happy, you should know that I'm a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN), Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200), Certified Curvy Yoga Teacher, a Usui Reiki Master, Medical Reiki™Master, Access Consciousness® Bars Practitioner and Earth Medicine practitioner. I also hold several certificates in various Access Body Processes.
The most important thing I can tell you is that I live what I teach, and practice what I preach.
I can’t do it any other way.
“Echo Roots” represents your individuality. Your unique self is made up of two parts—your roots, or whatever is essential to you, and your echo, which is how the effects of your roots ripple through you.
"Wellness" represents the many aspects that contribute to your wellbeing. It includes the connection of your body, mind, and spirit and the effort you make in getting, and keeping, yourself well. Only you can determine what that looks like, and feels like, for you.
I’m here to assist you on your journey.
* My name is pronounced “All-wen,” and it has its origins in Welsh mythology. According to legend, Olwen was the daughter of a giant, but she was so gentle and kind that white lilies would grow wherever she stepped. FYI, the white lily thing happens to me. All. The. Time. (Sometimes I'm also sarcastic.)
* As a kid, I got stuck with a little ditty that went, “We all win with All-wen!” I've come to love it when “We all win with All-wen!” is chanted by a client to help them remember how to say my name.
* I’ve only met one other “Olwen” in my life. We were so excited and acted like crazed fans meeting [insert random person here that would make you scream and jump up and down]. We got a kick out of the fact that our mothers were both born in Wales and that we had the “proper” spelling of Olwen. (No, we don’t have the same mama and yes, apparently there is a proper way to spell Olwen.)
* Business casual is my personal version of hell. When I worked in a windowless cubicle, I would rebel by wearing jeans whenever I could sneak them into the office. It happened quite a lot!
* I’m a sucker for a great British series and all the complicated characters written into the shows. (Feel free to ask for recommendations. I have many...more like a ridiculous amount.)
* Flip-flops and cardigan season (a.k.a. autumn) is my favorite time of year.
* I never follow a recipe. I’ve got stacks of them that I will reference (sometimes), but I see the ingredients and measurements as recommendations only. (Kind of like speed limits.)
* I'm not a fan of a potlucks. I'll reluctantly attend them, but I have zero interest in trying to determine what to make or take. That's why I usually end up taking store bought cookies that I'll toss on the food table. That's the most effort I choose to give any potluck.
* Head over to my blog to learn:
* Check out all the great things I share on Facebook.
* Follow along on Instagram to see cute pics of the weird & wonderfull stuff that makes me smile.
* Sign up for my email newsletter so that you can be notified first for all the great things I'll be sending you. Plus, if you've read this far, I totally think that we'll get a long really well and I'd love to stay in touch!